Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Reflections (rejoice)

Here is a good memory verse for today.
I Thessalonians 5:16.  "Rejoice always". (NASB)
You can remember that one! 
If you feel like over achieving today, look at Philippians 4:4. "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!"
The theme is rejoice.  Rejoice today. 
This does challenge me with a question.  Am I more inclined to use the word "relief" or "rejoice"?
When I rise to face a new day do I begin by thinking, I am relieved to have made it through the night?
Or do I rejoice in the advent of a new day, with mercies fresh every morning?
When I come to the conclusion of the day, do I exhibit an attitude of "glad that's over" (relief) or do I rejoice in grace.
Is my attitude more "relief" oriented or "rejoice" oriented?
When we emerge from the coronavirus pandemic will we be relieved that we survived, or rejoice in God's sustaining power and presence and find we thrive through challenge?"
When we emerge from this season of life will we feel relieved that we can get back to "normal" or will we rejoice in discovering a "new normal"?
Let me take it ever further.  When we cross the threshold from this life into the next - when we arrive on the heavenly shore - will we express relief?  I am glad I made it.  Whew!  That was a close one.  Relief, that I get in by the skin of my teeth.  (Your get the point).
Or.
Rejoice! 
Rejoice in the gift of life fully lived.
Rejoice in the experiences of life accepted and embraced.
Rejoice in the faith born, nurtured and matured.
Rejoice in the love of God and others.
Rejoice.
What attitude will you nurture today? 
Relief or Rejoice?
This is the day the Lord has made.  We will REJOICE and be glad in it.
steve

No comments: