Monday, July 14, 2008

Vacation??Update

This weekend Cindy and I went to the Royals game Saturday night (following church where Ginger preached!). It was a great game. Mark Grudzielanek got his 2000th career hit. A great accomplishment. But best of all was David DeJesus hitting a two-run home run with two outs in the bottom of the ninth to win the game 5-4! Wow.

On Sunday Cindy and I went to her family reunion. We visited and had lunch. She saw some cousins she had not seen in a long time. Cindy is the middle of five children. She was remembering visits to cousins in south Missouri. I was intrigued by the tale of the Grizzell kids and their cousins throwing M-80's in a silo. I bet it did make a neat noise. Cindy and her cousin seemed to enjoy remembering that event!

It was fun. I was a little confused when one of her family started looking around for someone to pray and called on "Cynthia's son-in-law"! That was a new one for me but she was looking at me and I knew I was the one she wanted to say the blessing because she had already asked me. When she talked to me she asked if I was Cynthia's husband? Oh, well. It was a really good time.

Tomorrow we head for Dallas and the South Central Jurisdictional Conference. There are a lot of meetings and voting but it is nothing like General Conference as far as stress and anxiety (unless you are running for bishop!) so we look forward to the time. I'll try and update you on what goes on in Dallas. See you soon.

No comments: