Friday, July 18, 2008

Jurisdictional Conference

It's Friday morning. We spent all day yesterday working and voting in our effort to elect three people to serve the church as bishops. We got one elected yesterday. It has a different feel since we do not anticipate our bishop for Missouri changing. Neither is there a person from Missouri we are working to help get elected. So we keep trying to sense who God wants doing these things.

Today we will elect two more people and finish up. Of course it may be midnight before everything is finished. Thankfully the stress level is not that high.

It is neat to seek the work being done and to have a part in it. Good people all around this place.
On another note, I wonder why they pick places to have these conferences that cost so much? I know there are probably very good reasons. About three years ago I was at a conference in Dallas and was staying in a hotel in the same area where we are this week. After a day or two I pulled my suitcase across the parking lot to a Courtyard by Marriott for lots less and free Internet! I've been tempted this week but it just would not work. So Cindy got some bread and peanut butter so we could avoid high priced breakfasts and maybe even lunch! I know that sounds tight but I like to consider it "frugal." Some day I will have to tell you how I come about this honestly! Off to what I anticipate being a good day. I hope you have a good day too.

1 comment:

DogBlogger said...

I'm with you -- in this case I know we were locked in several years ago by someone who was no longer involved by the time we got to the Anatole. But, like I did at General Conference, I came stocked with trail mix and my own water bottle. Frugality and good stewardship do make a difference.