Monday, March 30, 2020

Reflections

Delight!
"Bless the Lord, O my soul.  And all that is within me, bless his holy name." (Psalm 103:1)
Psalm 103 is a wonderful way to enter your time of prayer and thoughts toward God.  Read the whole Psalm and you will be blessed.
"Bless the Lord, O my soul."
Somehow this brings delight to the heart of God. 
Think about a time when your mom or day, grandparent, or great-grandparent, or another significant person in your life, found delight in you. 
I keep remember some really great times from childhood. 
My grandfather used to sit in his chair and I would run by him.  But he would often reach out his arm and catch me.  He would pull me up on his lap and I would laugh.  Remember that childhood laughter than said "do it again - do it again - do it again."
Now jocular is not a term one would naturally associate with Herb Dines.  But today I see his face.  I am a child on his lap.  Dancing in his eyes is delight.
Your children or grandchildren have that effect on you.  Notice the delight they bring to your heart.  There is something purely good about a child smiling at you; asking for your help; telling you they are sorry; laughing; praying; talking; listening.  Delight.
Today I invite you to realize that you delight God.  You bring sheer delight to the heart of God.  Bless the Lord, O my soul."
You are a child of God.  God, our purely good Heavenly Father, delights in you.
God delights when you play and let Him take you in his arms.
God delights when you ask him for help.
God delights when you thank him.
God delights when you smile at him.
God delights when you cry to him.  God may even cry with you when it proves helpful.
God delights when you mind him.
God delights when you rely on him.
Remember, it is not your performance - it is not your stoic capability to remain strong while navigating the coronovirus thing - it is simply you.  You bring delight to God. 
What are ways to delight the heart of God today?  With so much bombarding us from many directions, this is a good time to stop and look to the Lord.  Bless the Lord, O my soul.  Delight the Lord God.
This is the day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
steve

No comments: