Sunday, March 8, 2020

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We are continually seeking the latest information on the corona virus. How many new cases? Is it still spreading? What about where I live? What should I do? There are many questions we ask.
I have been asking myself , “what is the Christian response to the corona virus?”
Historically Christians have stayed to help when others fled. Check out Christians and the Black Plague and you May find some inspiring and sobering stories.
We followers of Jesus Christ have a compelling drive to love one another. Early Christians demonstrated love for fellow believers and non-believers alike. They captured the attention of their world.
What should we do in our current setting?
Seek out and take seriously the best information from the best sources. Seek wisdom to apply acquired knowledge.
Wash your hands. Stay home if you are ill. Use common sense.  Nothing revolutionary here.
But there are a couple of things that challenge me.
Isolation.  This is a strategy to slow and stop the spread of the virus. Isolate people if necessary but do not abandon people. What does love require?
Do not fear people. I have been intentional about enjoying Chinese  food simply to be supportive.
I guess the bottom line for me is care for those in need. You will practice love in action as God leads.
In the meantime. Stay informed. Be diligent. Care.
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: