Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Reflections

I have a conundrum. (that is a confusing problem or question - I looked it up!)
One of my major drives in faith and life, in preaching, teaching, leading, serving, thinking, and encouraging, is the idea of NEW THINGS.
I believe God is always doing a new thing.
I believe in new life through faith in Jesus Christ.
I expect a new heaven and earth in God's perfect timing.
I accept a new covenant of grace through Jesus Christ.
I believe God's mercies are new every morning.
I believe in new wineskins.
I believe in new beginnings.
So, you get the point.  Faith and life are about the new things God offers and continues to bring into our lives.
Here is my conundrum.
I don't like new things.  I don't like having to figure out how to communicate on Office365 teams. 
I don't like having to do meetings on Gotomeetings.
I don't like trying to function on Zoom.
But these are all new things.  These are gifts God puts at our disposal.  They are windows, doorways, super highways to the new thing God will do in a few days, weeks, months, or whenever. 
How do I reconcile my conundrum? 
The first things I lean to are faith matters or reflections of my spiritual experience. 
The things that trouble me are things I have to do for the first time.  Things are so non-intuitive.  But it is a new world coming so I think I'll figure it out.
There are many things in faith and life I launched out on at some point in time.
I prayed for the first time.
I read the scriptures for the first time.
I loved for the first time.
I held a new born child (two times) for the first time.
Wow.  I would not have missed my "firsts" for the world.
Now if I could just do a video and get it posted somewhere.
Today, focus on the new things that are so important to you.  Remember the new things you once embarked upon.  Embrace the new thing God will do in your life beginning .....
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad.
steve

No comments: