Sunday, August 24, 2008

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We had a really good weekend. Every service was well attended and people were engaged. That is a great sign! I looked out at the congregation today and recognized that people were obviously feeling the presence of the Lord. The music was really neat. You can tell when lots of people are singing alone. It was especially noticeable at 9:30 when Walter was singing "If I Had a Hammer!" It was a good day to worship and the Lord was certainly with us.

After church I took Andrea (our daughter if you have not met her) to the Royals game where a friend of hers was in town. Actually I found myself with a bunch of 23 year olds! But they were gracious. The Royals won. They haven't been doing much of that lately but today was a good one for the boys in Blue!

So put the whole day together and it simply becomes a day of blessing. There were serious moments and much laughter. There was worship and there was fun. There were good people all around. And when it comes down to it what really makes a day great are the people who surround us. So this evening Cindy and I are sitting on the couch watching the replay of the USA Gold medal game from the Olympics. It's a good day. I hope you had a good day too.

No comments: