Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We feel like we are losing an entire generation of young people. This generation lacks direction. This generation does not share healthy values. I have a feeling that statements like these could have been made of practically every generation. I know my Baby Boomer generation was perceived in this way. Today many people seem anxious about the Millennial Generation. The Millennial Generation now outnumbers the Baby Boomers 83.1 million to 75.4 million. I see tremendous opportunity. There were people of faith who refused to give up on Baby Boomers and this generation became huge supporters of the mission and ministry of the Church. The Baby Boomer Generation has produced some great leaders in the cause of Christ. I see the generation of my children having even greater potential for good. Millions of young people will step forward and be difference makers. Millions of young people will rise up to lead us into the future. There is great hope for the Church. I am aware that many young people are not part of the church today. I am aware of the criticism that the Church is irrelevant to today's people. I hear the claims that the Church is declining and in a few more years there will not be enough people to keep her going. But... The Church is of God. The Church will be preserved to the end of time. The Church is the Body of Jesus Christ - the Living, Risen Lord Jesus! I see signs of God's movement in the world. I see signs that God has not given up on His Church. I see signs that God has plans for the Church to prosper and not fail. I see signs that God has a hope and future for His people. If you have not seen these signs drive up Prairie View Road and see what is taking place at our church. That is not merely a construction project. That is a sign of God's power and presence among us. Future. Hope. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another good day indeed.