Sunday, May 26, 2013

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Some random thoughts on this Memorial Day Weekend... This is more than an extra day off from work - remember our military men and women who have given their lives in service to our country Remember and honor family, friends and neighbors who have gone before us. Remember that death does not have the last word...God always has the next word. The new theme song for the K.C. Royals could be "Free Fall'in by Tom Petty. We exceeded our goal at the blood drive today...Should probably have higher goals. Plan to be with my mom and dad tomorrow and "decorate" family graves. (I could represent the last generation to continue this practice.) The Royals are depressing to watch. I could have gotten a pie in the face at church today...Don't miss PDO kicking off June 4 for Summer program. Had a good day at church today...moving past memorializing those we honor to anticipating Resurrection Life..."I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, though they die yet shall they live, and whoever lives by believing in me shall never die. Do you believe this? (Jesus) It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: