Sunday, January 11, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I think it is great that so many people get revived in January and church attendance goes up. It doesn't hurt when there is no snow or ice on Sunday morning! But today was an amazing day. It actually started Saturday evening when Donna played a Beatles' medley and got everyone in the spirit of the 60's. Today the Jubilante's were rocking with "My God!" The praise team and Walter and the band out did themselves. Their part of the service was absolutely amazing. To top it all off the Wesleyan Choir brought great energy and enthusiasm with "O Happy Day."
By the time our musicians did their thing I had more fun preaching than any time I can remember for a long time!
You are a super people to preach to. I count my blessing continually that I have the opportunity to serve Platte Woods UMC at this time. God is truly at work among us.
Our average worship attendance is up and continuing to go forward.
Financially you made it possible for us to complete the year with a surplus.
We have a vision for constructing a new kitchen and re-model the dining hall. (I'll be making an official announcement about this later this month!)
We are having an increasing number of visitors.
We have the - best - greatest - neatest- staff in the world!
People are being cared for in very meaningful ways.
I could go on and on.
Let me just say Wow! This has been a really good day. I hope you've had a good day too.
steve

No comments: