Sunday, June 24, 2018

Reflections From Sunday Evening

It is great to be part of a team.  Early this morning my dad needed to get checked out by a doctor so I found myself with him. Everything was fine.  I got to take him back home and left him eating breakfast.  Jake and Nancy stepped up and covered for me this morning.  I did get back for the late service but wow, what a feeling to know God has everything in good hands!  Thanks to all.
It reinforces how important it is that we all do our part in carrying out the mission of the Church.  We have a wonderful group of people serving Christ.  So thankful to be part of the team.
On another note...
We continue to pray and seek ways to justly care for children on our borders.  Some of you are deeply pained by what you see taking place.  Some of you point to legal precedent and expect honest enforcement.  All of us want to extend the heart of Jesus to the most vulnerable and needy.  Find your way to extend grace in every way.
We come back to where we began.  Whether it is in worship on Sunday morning or seeking the best solutions on our southern border, we are a team of followers of Jesus.  Together we carry on.  Together we witness to the saving work of Jesus Christ.  Together.
It's been a good day.  I hope you've had a good day too.
steve

No comments: