Sunday, June 10, 2018

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Just back from Springfield and our Missouri Annual Conference.  The bottom line: a good time of learning, fellowship and encouraging our Methodist ministry in Missouri. 
We ordained 8 new elders and recognized the orders of 2 others.  It is a very promising class. 
We commissioned a number of young people, including our own Britton Fields.  A great group.
There were more local pastor licensed than I could count! 
Basically, it seems like we have a very hopeful future with strong, principled leaders coming up.
There were a couple of side notes.
First, I got the best parking spot ever!  We arrived and I parked, front row next to the building.  Wouldn't move!  Until Cindy needed the car on Saturday.  But it was a good parking space.
Secondly, on Saturday night I got a text from a friend who had visited the conference.  He simply said, I forgot my clothes at the hotel.  Could you get them and bring them back for me?  Done.  Actually Cindy picked them up while I was in a session.  My take-away from that.  I feel great that someone considers me a good enough friend to make that request!  It is a joy.
Basically, annual conference offers time to make new friends, renew old friends and celebrate our shared ministry.  Along the way we note some small blessings and even some pretty big ones.
It's been a good day.  I hope you've had a good day too.
steve

No comments: