Sunday, June 15, 2008

Reflections from Sunday evening

Father's Day. When we got home from church today our son Bobby arrived. He cooked the burgers and brats! My family knows what I like to eat. Cindy even brought blackberry pie. I can go back to salads tomorrow.

Today I appreciated the fathers I saw in church. You are setting a very important example for children who are forming important memories now. Family is a really neat gift from God.

I called Mom and Dad this afternoon. It is always good to be able to tell your dad happy Father's Day.

Next Sunday our daughter Andrea will be showing up in K.C. with a U-Haul filled with her stuff. After a year in California and three years in Texas she is coming back to Missouri! Cindy and I are looking forward to having our whole family close. I count it as another gracious blessing of God for this time in life.

So as Father's Day winds down I appreciate my dad. I appreciate the blessing of being a dad. I appreciate those dads I see in church each week.

No comments: