Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good Day

Charles Gibson signs off the ABC Evening News by saying "And I hope you had a good day." Yesterday was one of those good days. I hope you had a good day.

We had good staff meetings yesterday morning. We generally do. There is a good spirit among us. There is enough business to keep us honest but more joy to keep us encouraged.

I met with my accountability group yesterday. Each month I meet for lunch with three men. They are my accountability partners. They ask me questions about three areas of my life. They ask about my spiritual life. Am I praying? What is God saying through the scriptures? How am I doing spiritually?

They ask about my health and exercise program. Am I consistent in working out? Did I go to the "Y" today? Am I taking care of myself?

They also ask about my family. How is Cindy? What is going on with our kids? They keep me in the right perspective. I find it is essential for me to have people to depend upon who will ask me honest questions and hold me accountable for my Christian life. I had a good day.

In the evening I was able to sit in with Curtis and Megan for our latest new member class. Ten people were there who are expressing interest in becoming regular participants in our church. It was great. This keeps us going. It was a good day.

To top things off the Royals beat the Cardinals! As a bonus the Celtics won the NBA Championship by beating the Lakers. It was a good day.

I hope you had a good day.

No comments: