Sunday, October 2, 2016

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Yesterday was the installation of Bishop Bob Farr. It was a day of celebration as we welcomed one of our own life long Missourians to this significant leadership position in the Church.
Again I am reminded of life being filled with new experiences. I have known our present bishop since he started in ministry. I remember him leading the former Randolf-Memorial UMC to growth despite the church being located  on two dead end streets! We were neighbors when he started Grace UMC in Lee's Summit. We have worked together through the years on different projects. So this is a new experience welcoming a new leader that I know well. It is a good experience.
During the reception following the service an older, distinguished looking man walked up to me. I recognized Rev. Cecil Neal, my district superintendent when we started the new church in Blue Springs. He still remembered stories of early days of work and faith. It was good to remember old experiences with one who supervised, encouraged and believed in our mission.
So yesterday the new met the old. Where will you encounter Jesus today? Will it be with a new experience built on the faith you celebrate?
It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: