Sunday, December 6, 2015

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I wish. Have you ever sat in church and thought to yourself I wish...? I wish the preacher would hurry up and stop talking. (Probably won't come true.) I wish I had a million dollars. I wish I could find a meaningful way to serve Christ and the Church. I wish someone would call on... I wish the doctor's appointment had gone a different way. I wish I could go to that college. I wish that guy would ask me out. I wish no children would ever go to bed hungry. I wish there was an end to the war in .... I wish we would sing... I wish we had a great youth program (Oh yes, we do). I wish Christmas would hurry up and get here. I wish life would slow down. Your wish list could literally go on and on and on. Some of the wishes reflect childhood dreams. Some wishes reflect very grown up issues. Each wish holds the possibility of becoming more than a wish. Each wish may become a prayer. Think about your wishes and imagine how they would sound in your conversation with God. You can trust God in this. If your wish (your prayer) does not line up with God's best He might say something like "let's think about this wish." Are you sure? Do your really? What if we did this? There may be other wishes (prayers) where God would say I would love to! I've been waiting for you to ask! Feel free to come to church next week and think to yourself I wish... But you do not have to wait until then. Before you sleep today you can take a moment and say I wish. You can rise in the morning and begin your day with I wish. I cannot predict the outcomes but I do know God will be delighted to hear you. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day. steve

No comments: