Sunday, August 30, 2015

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I have been thinking about announcing my candidacy for President. I mean who has not looked at things and thought, "I could do that good." Several years ago I was speaking to a group and a young man in the crowd later said he was feeling a call to ministry. He indicated I really helped him when he heard me. His thought..."If he can do this anybody can." But there may be more to it than that. I'm not sure that President thing would suit me very well. Certainly not everyone is suited to do every job or task that exists! We all have interests, talents and gifts. There are certain things we seemed "wired" for. The joy comes when we find our niche. I have known far too many people who toil in their job just counting the days until they can retire. Of course people need to make a living... but really. What if there was another way? What if we sensed a call to serve whether in a job or as a volunteer? What if we were able to offer our daily tasks to God and work or play in ways that honor the Lord? It could make a difference in how we approach things. If I find myself doing what I do as an offering to the Lord it makes a difference. I tend to want to do a better job. I tend to find more sense of fulfillment. I tend to make more of a difference. How would your life be different were you to live, serve, work, labor, play as an offering to God? My guess is you would find more pleasure in what you do. You would find a greater sense of meaning. You would discover joy. Just some thoughts. This would be a good day to live in a manner that is worthy of the Gospel of Christ. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: