Sunday, June 14, 2015

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Last week we completed our annual conference. All pastors were appointed to continue our service to PWUMC! That certainly brings joy to each of us. Today I sat in the congregation at the 9:30 service and 11:00 NEXT. Wow, do we have some good preaching going on here! It is such a joy to be part of a great team. I did make a sacrifice today. For the first time in two or three years I played golf. I was part of a team that...did not win. But it was a good day and we enjoyed playing. Mainly this was a fund raiser for the church endowment fund. It was a good turnout for the 19th Platte Woods Golf Tournament. On another note...I pulled up to the church late in the week and saw the many trees that have been taken down. Frankly I did not feel a sense of loss when I saw the old parsonage being removed to make way for our new and expanded parking lot. But when I saw the trees...I hate to lose trees. (We had to take a dead willow tree out of our yard in the past few days!) But the good news is that our trees at church are not being lost. The Urban Lumber Company will take our trees that are being replaced. Check out their website and you will see examples of what they do with used trees. The trees that have lined our property for years will be re-purposed and provide beauty and joy for many. When our new parking lot is completed there will be other environmentally friendly landscaping. I believe everyone will be amazed. Today as we look at what is going on at church we see the beginning of new life. Looking ahead it appears pretty amazing. On yet another note...Today Cindy attended her home church in Butler where they were dedicating a new playground which her mom's memorial gifts contributed to. It was a joyful day in many places. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: