Sunday, June 28, 2015

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Cindy and I are back home from a week in Seattle, Wa. It was a great time away. We saw the Royals win 2 out of 3 from the Mariners. Amazing how many KC fans show up for road games these days! I must admit the Seattle faithful did not seem overjoyed at chants of "Let's Go Royals." The weather was great. We saw the sights. It was simply good to rest up and re-charge. As always good to be home and getting ready to get back to business. I did have the opportunity to get to church this morning. I appreciate Keith Milburn inviting me to share at the Patriotic Service held at the flag pole this morning. It was a good time to remember heritage and celebrate the faith that makes us a "great" people. I also had the privilege of receiving Duane Whorten into membership today. It was a blessing. It was good to step in and have a part in services today. Thanks to our great staff and to Pastor Ginger for preaching this month while I do some other things. I look forward to starting a new message series next weekend and invite you to join in and find some "Defining Moments" in your life. It's been a good day. I trust you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: