Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve

Thought I'd share a couple of reflections from 2010 - only a few more hours to go!

Our daughter Andrea married Marcus Coleman this year. I'd say that was the highlight of the year for Cindy and me. It was great.

Had a couple of sermon series that seemed to touch a responsive chord - "Defining Moments" (Joseph had a bunch of them) - "TV Game Shows."

Once again I read the Bible through.

Insight from God: "Why do you keep asking for what you already have?" (Think about it.)

Read 30 books this year. Number 1 - "The Next Christians" by Gabe Lyons. Number 2? "Linchpin" by Seth Godin.

The church year started off shaken by bad weather. If I'd trusted God more it would have been much easier on me! By the end of the year we had recovered nicely and finished the year strong.
The Healthy Church Initiative was very positive. It was encouraging to see our congregation approve the recommendations by a wide margin. (Now off to work.)

As I look to 2011 I am excited about what God has in store. It's always great to look ahead with confidence and faith. As a matter of fact I've got a sense that the rest of this decade is going to be significant for God's plans and purposes.

Have a safe evening. Have a Happy New Year.

God bless.

No comments: