Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Today has been a day of contrasts. It is important to remember all those men and women who have given their lives in service to our country. That is what Memorial Day is about. So this is a day of solemn remembrance, thanks and appreciation. Very reflective.
At the same time we gathered for worship and I had great time! Worsship is lively, vibrant and a blessing to participate in.
We left with "homework" for this week. How much time do you spend with God - with family - with work - with self? Most of us will probably realize there is a gap between current reality and our ultimate, ideal use of the gift of time. I pray God be with you as you develop "action steps" to close the gap between current reality and where you long to be in your relationship with God.
To top the day off I had the privilege of officiating a wedding this evening. The mother of the bride's grandmother and my grandmother were sisters. So we are family. Clarissa and Andrea grew up together. They were all part of a church I served. Now people are all grown up and moving to California and stuff like that. But I got to conduct the wedding ceremony. It was a great day of celebration.
So it has been a full day - Reflection on those who have given their lives so we might worship and celebrate the joys of life.
I've had a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.
steve

No comments: