Sunday, May 23, 2010

Reflections From Sunday Evening

This weekend we (Cindy and I) got to take my mom and dad to Eufaula, Ok. and share in the wedding of Rachel Breon (my niece, mom and dad's granddaughter, brother John's first born!) and Zack Meyers. It was a blessing.
I visited with family and old friends (the d.s. from Ok. who performed the ceremony and I go back a looooong way.) Neat to see Rachel in her wedding gown. Some of you Platte Woods folks remember when she was born! Such is the circle of lfie.
I don't get to do these things often but when I do I always have the best time visiting with my brother John. He is a pastor's pastor serving in the Ok. Conf. We get to talk about church, theology, family and life in general. We talk about the latest books we read. (He is my source to know what I need to pick up!) He is a great brother.
Things just worked out that we ended up getting home late last night. That meant I was able to attend my favorite church this morning. That would be Platte Woods UMC! It was a great day. Worship was great as usual. The "pirate attack" certainly got the point across - these guys want your stuff for Trash and Treasure! Ginger preached great. I'm ready to look for people who need to know the Lord and share the faith and offer the invitation and, and, ...... I got it.
Life is good when you allow it to be. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.
steve

No comments: