Sunday, March 29, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Today is my son's birthday. We've got some idea of getting the family together later in the week and going to eat but today after church I went down to his place and we just hung out for awhile. Got something to eat, watched the basketball game, visited and just had a nice afternoon. It was nice to spend some time. It's always good to remember some things that were funny. I hope you have opportunity to sit and visit with people you care about.

Along those lines I keep thinking about something Ginger said at the closing this morning. She had us picturing a person several years from now coming to faith over a cup of coffee in the dining hall. It would be a pleasant place with an atmosphere creating "radical hospitality."

I put these two thoughts together -- visiting with my son Bobby and having a nice afternoon with him and the notion of someone yet to be met who could one day become a close friend. Such is the nature of the Christian faith.

We are planning programs, developing ministries and moving forward in building so we may better reach those yet to be reached for Christ.

It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

No comments: