Sunday, November 22, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

First I'm saying a little prayer for my secret "friend" who has been sending inappropriate things out on facebook like it is coming from me. Why do people think this is fun? So I've been running virus scan and changing passwords - now I'll get to make sure any infections get cleaned up. Oh well, technology.
On another note -- I'm choosing not to Worry! I listened to myself preach today! Something that stuck with me today came from Gail's doing the "Our Town" speech. The basic question - do any people ever fully recognize all of life every, every minute? It is truly something to consider and work on.
This afternoon we hosted a community thanksgiving service. Pastor Angie brought the message and blessed everyone present. The music was great. Had folks from a number of churches in the choir and two different bell choirs combined.
The other cool thing today was the Chiefs won a game - and against a really good team. Strange things happen.
Now I am getting ready to go to Kearney where we will join with some other churches for a cluster charge conference. Thankfully we have already worked through all the things needing approval and we can enjoy the fellowship and learning time.
It's been a good day -- and a messed up one what with that crazy facebook junk. But all in all the Lord is alive and well. I'm going to keep on and see if I can't recognize the presence of God in all of life - every minute.
blessings.
steve

No comments: