Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What a Country

The day after election day 2008. I've talked with some today who are practically giddy over the results of the presidential election. I've talked with others who are troubled. This is not about that.

I simply look at our country with amazement. Zimbabwe had an election. The President lost so he said the election did not count! That went over well.

Most nations do not have peaceful transfers of power.

The United States of America is amazing. The presidential campaign was long and hard fought. But today we are all Americans. In January a new president will take office. We will all move ahead.

We had great numbers of people participate in democracy. We voted. We counted. We accept the results.

Now we pray that God rest His hand of grace upon all our elected leaders.

This weekend we will preach on Transitions Pt. II. With the election past we turn to building the agenda for the future. I believe Christians have a vital role in setting the course for the nation. I believe Christians will call our leaders forth and they will accomplish great things because they find themselves in great causes -- held forth by people of faith -- you and me.

It's amazing. I watch our democracy in action and see it at its very best on election day. 2008 is no different.

No comments: