Monday, November 24, 2008

Reflections From Sunday Evening

It is actually Monday morning. I wanted to wait until our annual church conference last night and that lasted longer than I anticipated. We had a good group join with four other churches to highlight some of our ministries. There are some great ideas out there! I loved Liberty UMC's strong emphasis upon Vacation Bible School and the great number of children they reach (especially those who do not have a church home). Good Shepherd is doing great work with their food pantry. It is great to be part of something (a connectional church) where so many of our churches are involved in vital outreach.

We also took care of some business. These are the meetings where leadership is elected and salaries are confirmed. We had worship. Our district superintendent led us well. It was a good evening.

I also reflect on our services this weekend. It is amazing how consistent we are. There was a lot going on this weekend. 900 people came out Saturday evening for the Turkey Dinner. The youth and all their supporters did a fantastic job. It was really neat. Worship seemed especially alive this weekend. We are always blessed with the great music Walter shares. Through the whole weekend I got this sense that God was with us. It is a good sense to have!

We are moving toward Thanksgiving Day with the blessings of God upon us and all around us. I pray you have a blessed day. It really helps when we have had the experince of God's Spirit stirring our souls in worship.

I've had a great day. I hope you have too.

No comments: