Sunday, November 9, 2008

Reflections From Sunday Evening

There has been so much going on this last couple of weeks I can't figure out where I would start sharing. I've never seen the church so alive. Everywhere I turn I see our people being involved in some type of ministry.

Visiting the sick....Calling on new mothers and their babies....Bringing food laced with love for a memorial service dinner.....Praying....People at worship....Groups singing....Administrative work (finance has put together a budget)....If it were not so energizing it would be exhausting!
So I guess this evening I am simply enjoying the work of God in and through our church. It comes down to people who have been touched by grace. It is a joy.

On another note. We have really gotten in to preparation for our "blessing project." We are going to offer a personal touch to each of our members. That is not just the folks who are most regular in attendance. That is everybody. We have an opportunity to touch around 2500 families with a simple message.
"I pray God bless you with a long, abundant and fulfilling life that brings glory and honor to God and peace and joy to many."

To touch our people with this simple blessing will require at least 100 of you to help. On Tuesday evening, November 18, I walk through the process with you and turn you loose to bless people in the name of Christ.

Seeing everyone in church today and seeing so many offer a ministry of love at the memorial service today assures me that we will be a continuing blessing to many people. In the midst of all the busy days it has been a great day. I hope you had a good day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a great day. The Holy Spirit continues to speak through you to all of us and you are sowing good seeds for a bountiful harvest.

For this I am very thankful.

Nancy G