Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I have an idea

I have an idea. I actually have a couple of ideas. Well the fact is I have a lot of ideas. Let me share.

We have approximately 3,000 individuals who are members or constituents of PWUMC. I have an idea that we make a personal contact with each of them! If 100 of you will take a packet with 30 names in it and make a personal contact either face-to-face, on the phone or through e-mail or note we could reach this goal in the next three months. Listen for this one around the end of the month or the first part of November. In such a high-tech world I have an idea that we do something that is very "High-Touch."

I have another idea. We could create a "culture of call" at PWUMC. My idea is to develop a way of life here that helps young people hear God calling them to ordained ministry. I want young people to discover there is a possibility for them to spend the rest of their lives serving Jesus Christ and His church. I want young people to learn they can follow a life path that is hard yet filled with wonder. They can spend time with people when they are at their very best and very worst. They can walk through life with people through the significant events in life. They can study the Bible and the Christian faith and go interpret that to people each week. And they can get paid for it! It sounds like a great idea to me.

I've got some others but that is probably enough for now.

If these ideas are from God you will soon be getting on board and who knows what God will do!
blessings.

No comments: