Sunday, April 28, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Well this has not been the weekend I would prefer. Early in the week it started with that little cough. Now three days of meds and antiviral I am hopefully on the road to recovery.
It was great to watch church live stream today. Well done Britton and team. I especially appreciate Sue Arensberg for sharing our Sunbeams and Parents Day Out programs and of course the parents who got the kiddos out to sing.
As I laid around the past couple of days I could not miss the latest Tyreek Hill news. Our world has failed so many people. We must work to create healthy environments of respect for women and care for children. This is a sad situation.
Personally I believe Tyreek and all who fail need forgiveness and second chances. However there are consequences for our actions. Football days are done.
The other news I followed was the report from the United Methodist Judicial Council. Their actions followed what was done at the General Conference. Some thought the entire Tradition Plan might be ruled unconstitutional but that was not the case. They viewed the work as dealing with a series of petitions rather than a “plan”.
I’ll be happy to visit with people about these issues as we move forward. For now the local church is still the same. We continue to work with both liberties and restrictions.
That’s what I’ve been doing. The coming week holds expectations for healing and good things. These are my wishes for you.
In spite of things, it’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: