Sunday, April 26, 2015

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Today was one of those days that was simply a blessing. The highlight for me was our Confirmation service. I looked at those young people sitting on the first two rows and recognized them from Wednesday night activities, VBS, church and other activities. I have watched a number of these students grow up. These students were in pre-school when I came to Platte Woods. Now they stand before the church and say yes to Jesus Christ. Nothing better. I think of these young people and the challenges they face. I think of the world we live in. I also think of the challenges faced by those in my generation when I was confirmed in the faith in the 1960's. We had challenges as well. I have confidence in these young people. By the grace of God they will not only profess faith but grow in their faith. Some will hear a call from the Lord and possibly go into fulltime ministry. They will be the people who live their faith in the work place. They have the potential to make a difference and change the world. The focus of the message this weekend was "God will do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine." I will ask and imagine a great deal from this group. I will trust God to do even more than I dream. Could I remind you of the same expectation for our entire church? We left today with the challenge to expect God to do immeasurably more in our heart, life and church than we can ask or imagine. On another note... I thank Walter and the praise team one more time for all they did to make our recently completed message series a real joy. They have led our worship at all weekend services for 7 of the last 8 weekends! Much appreciation. It's been a great day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: