Sunday, April 12, 2015

Reflections From Sunday Evening

There are some things that make be say I wonder why? For instance, I wonder why James Shields outpitched Madison Baumgardner last night in the first week of the baseball season instead of doing so in last fall's World Series? Just wondering? I wonder why people have such a great experience on Easter and then forget to come to church the next week? Just wondering? I wonder why sports can be so captivating that I find myself watching the final round of the Master's Golf Tournament? Just wondering? I wonder why people who share the same faith in the same Lord come out on totally different sides of some issues? Just wondering? I wonder why some people think war makes sense? Just wondering? I wonder why some people who live in a great land of plenty go hungry? Just wondering? I wonder why some are exposed to the Gospel and it does not seem to make a difference in their life? Just wondering? I wonder why some people embrace the Gospel and change the world? Just wondering? I wonder why Walter Bryant has such tremendous musical talent and I cannot even play a cd player? Just wondering? I guess I could go on like this all day. Perhaps there are simply some things that we may always wonder about but never have a totally definitive answer. It really does come down to a matter of faith. I am very thankful that God has given me a "measure of faith" and through time has seemed to water it so it has matured. I am thankful for enough faith to keep me going when clarity is missing. So for the rest of the day I am going to think faith and take a break from wondering. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: