Sunday, June 2, 2013

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Nelson Hopper led the way for the 17th annual Platte Woods Church golf scramble. Seemed to me that everyone had a good time. My team did not stick around to pick up our winnings! Actually I would say that the only loser today was the game of golf! I insist that I have far too much respect for the game to actually play it. But we raised some money for the church endowment fund and enjoyed a beautiful day. It has been a great day. As always church touched hearts this weekend. Each service is unique and touches different people in different ways. That is a pretty amazing thing about the Body of Christ - the Church. Today we talked about how Jesus had a "magnetic" way about him that drew people to His grace. Today we are the Body of Christ. I believe that implies we are intended to be magnetic along the way of Jesus. The two keys to being a magnetic church -- 1. Love God. 2. Love people. Eventually it comes to the point where people who are not even very interested in church find themselves being attracted to the faith. I sense this becoming our experience. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: