Sunday, September 16, 2012

Reflections From Sunday Evening

It's not only been a good day but a very good week. I was able to share in our conference pastor's gathering, CONVERGE, this week. Mark Batterson of National Community Church in Washington D.C. was our keynote speaker and Juanita Rasmus of Houston, Tx. completed our time on thursday morning. It is always good when you have take-aways from events like this. Batterson brought me to a place of making "bold" prayers and making prayer circles around people and issues. Then you "hold on" and watch God move in power! Juanita invited us to gather in triads and pray with a four-fold focus. First ask God how to pray for this person. Second listen. Third record what you hear from God. Then pray what you hear as a blessing in the person's life. I got four great words on this one. Bold - Courage - Risk - Joy. I'm looking forward to sharing these prayer keys as we move forward and also how these words are impacting my life. The Spirit carried over into our worship services this weekend. I know we were in the presence of the Lord. It was a blessed day. Thanks to all who allowed God to use them today. It has been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: