Sunday, July 26, 2009

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Today Cindy and I took the day to visit another church. When I take a week off I like to worship in another place. It's good to see friends and also helpful to see what others are doing. This morning Cindy and I attended the NorthStar UMC in Liberty. This is about a 10-year-old church. They are doing some good things. We were blessed by the worship and preaching of Jim Hoffman. He had me searching for things I might be unadvisedly attached to.

It was about 10:15 when we left there, got in the car and thought about where to go next. There are a couple of great churches in the area. We thought about going to one of them and I know it would have been a joyful blessing. Then I said, "You want to go to Platte Woods?" Cindy said yes and so we came to our favorite church for the 11:00 service. And I am glad we did.

Today's service brought great joy to me. Everyone did super in putting the service together. Curtis' sermon was right on. (Made me cry!) The drama had my heart from beginning to end. The worship was great - way to go choir and Susan. Plus I got to sit by Cindy and Curtis' parents!

It is such a blessing to be part of what God is doing at PWUMC. The staff is fabulous. The leadership is second to none. You - the people of our church - are making this a place where people may come and experience the saving and perfecting grace of God in Jesus Christ.

It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.