Sunday, December 29, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Mixed feelings.
An attack upon a rabbi’s home during a Hanukkah celebration. Anti- Semitism and hate expressed.
A church shooting in White Settlement, Texas. One report said the shooter acted during communion.
This happens after we gathered and celebrated the birth of Jesus.
We celebrated light.
We mourn darkness.
We experience love.
We witness hate.
Mixed feelings.
I suppose we could ban guns. Also machetes. If we could eliminate weapons of choice from people intent on evil, we would stop - or at least, limit loss of life.
Maybe.
What do we do in this world and these times?
I will act peacefully. I pray to be filled with forgiveness and mercy. I pray you do the same!
I pray we influence someone else. And another. And another. And another.
I expect the Savior whose birth we celebrate, to prevail.
Light shines and darkness cannot put it out.
Love wins.
Grace comes.
Jesus is born.
Keep your faith.
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: