Sunday, September 29, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

James Taylor said (actually sung) this.
“I’ve seen sunny days that I thought would never end.
I’ve seen lonely times when I could not find a friend.”
Of course the song is “You’ve Got A Friend’.
I have a unique vantage point of a congregation of Jesus followers. I see you in sunny days. I hear the joy of your faith expressions. I witness the pleasure you find in service. I see your sunny days.
I also see you in lonely times. I see your heart aches. I walk with you through the shadow of death.
The thing that brings wonder is seeing you live this life with others.
I hear laughter in the midst of service.
I see acts that are life giving in times of loss.
It is a joy to see us living our faith in groups. We are not alone. The risen Lord comes in many ways. He comes through others who rejoice with us  and and mourn with us.
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: