Sunday, September 15, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Saturday afternoon Cindy felt very uncharacteristically bad. She got overheated working outside. We went to have her checked and ended up spending the night in the hospital. She never felt there was anything really wrong but appreciated the tests that confirmed she is in great health.
Gratitude.
We all appreciate good news. We appreciate good health and the host of blessings we enjoy.
Cindy’s overnight in the hospital provided me many opportunities for gratitude.
I am certainly grateful for Cindy’s good report.
I am also grateful for all the professionals who cared for her.
Doctors were amazing as they listened carefully, made good decisions and gave us great confidence.
The nurses, technicians, and other personnel were true blessings.
From my sideline vantage point I could see the grace of God working through person after person.
It serves as a reminder that God desires to use all of us to extend His love, grace, and care to others.
I am eager to see how God might use me this week. I am also eager to see God use you.
The downside of things was that I missed church today as we embarked on a next step in worship.
We watched online and felt the Spirit even in a hospital room.
Oh yes, got home to have lunch with the kids and watch the Chiefs.
It’s been a good day.
I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

1 comment:

Patricia D. said...

Glad Cindy is ok and in great health. Drink lots of water! Patricia Dunn