Sunday, November 25, 2018

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We got home from church before the snow got heavy and the roads got bad.  Today made me think about our attitudes toward worship. When we gather we can expect some new insight or idea. Perhaps we feel inspired in our faith. Certainly we love the fellowship with one another.  We keep coming back to gather together.
Days like today tell us to use caution and good judgment about getting out. We live stream our services for days like this. We appreciate church and opportunities to worship the Lord.
There are places in the world that experience challenges to worship other than blizzard conditions. Some people must walk long distances to get to their place of worship. They are generally not challenged by snow but rather stifling heat.
Some people literally risk their lives to gather for Christian worship. That is far past our capacity to grasp.  We are thankful.
But  people keep walking to church. People keep risking. Snow melts and we come back strong. The people of faith are very resilient!
I am watching it snow. I pray for others who are not warm and safe this evening. I thank God for those who inspire.
All things considered...it’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

1 comment:

Jai Vaughn said...

Thanks for the reminders about how much challenge may be out there for some to know and experience Christ. I know I take being able to be at church for granted - and definitely miss it when I can’t be there. And yes, it was nice to enjoy being at home yesterday afternoon and warm.

Jai Vaughn