Sunday, November 18, 2018

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Time to think thanks! Thanksgiving is the national holiday reminding us to be a thankful people. As with many holidays we tend to forget the real reason and simply enjoy time off. While we are at it we go ahead and kick off the biggest consumer period of the year.  But that is another story.
But back to thanks.
We can certainly give thanks for our freedoms enjoyed in our country.
We give thanks for another opportunity to see family.
We are thankful for faith.
Today I am thankful for the way many of you have inspired me.  I thank God for Dale Gay and the grace he shared as we celebrated his wife, Karen’s, life this week.
I am thankful for Bill Vandever and his family as they showed love and grace in June’s Celebration of life.
I am thankful for our church and the way you live the faith and serve so well.
I am thankful for my family and the anticipation of time together. (I will try to run a 5k Thursday!)
And there is much more to come. I want to get a head start on being thankful for all that God has in store.
So, join me in nurturing your gratitude.
It is time to think thanks.
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day to.
Steve

No comments: