Sunday, April 1, 2018

Reflections From Sunday Evening

So, the weather forecasters told us we would have a snow storm today, so to be sure we did not cause any harm, Easter services were cancelled.  Or not!  How's that for April Fool?
No, we had an amazing celebration of the resurrection of Jesus.  He is risen!  He is risen indeed!
I have to give credit to my friend Brent Mustoe.  He spends time each Sunday praying for a number of preachers.  I made the list!  He was up ridiculously early today (as was I).  When I saw his prayer message I responded with a quick note.  He came back asking why I was up so early?
My reply was that I was trying to get the story line straight for the sermon.  His reply: Here it is.  He was dead and now he's alive!
That is basic.  That is true.  This core message of the Christian faith does not need to be improved on.  Why look for new angles and obscure points in the resurrection story? 
It is amazing as it is.  Jesus was dead.  Now he is alive.  And because He lives, you too may live.
It's been a great day.  I hope you've had a great day too.
steve

No comments: