Sunday, February 8, 2015

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Loved Kyle's illustration about his 5 year old nephew who watched his mother get all her answers from her iPhone. He figured she could ask her phone if he was going to have a new baby brother or sister! Check out the message on line to get the whole story. One reason it spoke to me was the point about five year olds being born into and nurtured in a technological culture. This makes me think. Why can't we bring people into and nurture them in a culture of grace, or a culture of the Holy Spirit. We would learn the language of Spirit/grace. We would expect life to be informed through our Spirit/grace culture. It seems like a worthy goal to me. On another note... I had a conversation with our new district administration person, Megan Hayes. She is in her 20's and shared a conversation she had with a friend. Megan asked her friend what she did for Easter. In the conversation her friend commented that she never connected church with Easter! Wow. It excites me to know there are people to whom I could share the greatest story ever. There are people around us who do not connect Easter with the Church. There are people who do not know that God has defeated death. There are people who will hear the good news of the gospel for the first time. I pray to be able to share with these wonderful people. I pray our church be a church that shares the greatest story ever with people yet to hear. It's been a good day. I trust you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: