Sunday, February 1, 2015

Reflections From Sunday Evening

I did things differently today. Cindy and I went to the 8:15 service. Kyle did a great job. Ginger led us in Holy Communion. It was great to share with you in worship today. Then I spoke in the Around 30's class. This is a great group of people who have led and served our church for many years. We had a good conversation. I always enjoy sharing here. After that Cindy and I did something rare. We went home with a short stop at the store along the way. So this is what people do when they do not go to church. I did run into some of our people who had already been to church. Glad they saw me in church before the grocery store! I will do some different things this month. Kyle will be preaching the first 3 weeks. (He does so well I feel like going and freshening up my resume!) I use these times to prepare for the next message series. I also take time to participate in our services. The next series is exciting me. We will be looking at our history with the various building projects undertaken. Each project was done in a specific era and setting. We will look at things from our "beginnings" to our "future". Our music will reflect the different eras. Our application will celebrate the past and find the seeds of future witness. We may even dress to reflect the decade. (Does anyone have purple bell bottoms? But back to the present. This month we are "Making Sense of the Bible." If you have questions about the Bible and how to read it for all its worth, this is a series for you. I see some great insights coming this month. Don't miss it. It's already been a good day. Now enjoy the Super Bowl. (This is becoming a national holiday you know.) blessings. steve

No comments: