Sunday, October 12, 2014

Reflections From Sunday Evening

When you need a break from your diversions and leisure...This playoff season for the Royals has been pretty crazy. All of Kansas City has missed sleep and that includes me. Night after night we have been watching and hoping and being amazed. I must admit on the Tuesday night Wild Card game I about gave up. At the end of the seventh inning with the Royals behind by four runs I turned to Cindy and said, "I'm going to bed." She said, "you can't go to bed now." I said "if anything happens wake me up." About five minutes later she was shaking me and saying "you've got to see this!" I watched until midnight and celebrated that unlikely victory. I am glad Cindy did not let me miss the excitement. I wonder how many times people find themselves on the verge of giving up on something and no one there to say, "you've got to see this!" I could put a spiritual spin on this. The fact is we all need someone who will not let us go to sleep and miss the adventure and excitement of the Christian life. Who keeps you alert so your prayer life remains vital? Who keeps you awake to the Word of God in the Bible? Who shakes you out of your spiritual sleep? Who cares enough about you to refuse to let you miss the joy and adventure of following Jesus Christ? We share the Christian life with others. We are intended to live our faith in community. We need someone to walk with us in the life of grace. I pray you be that somebody. Together we live the adventure of faith. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: