Sunday, October 21, 2012

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Thanks to Nicole Brandt for working with our children's dance teams these past few years. Nicole and family will be moving and today was their last time to share in worship with us. Nicole and Hannah - thanks for sharing your gifts with our children. Only the best for your future. On another note - Ginger told a joke today. Where is the safest place to be during a tornado? Arrowhead Stadium. Why. There are not "touchdowns" there. Ha ha. Was that Romeo Crennel I saw walk out of church this morning? Guess not. Here is another - Today I saw the church in action. We had a visitor today. Homeless. Been in town and had needs. He came where God dwells. Worship. After service concluded I saw one of our best (Jack Swinney) sitting beside him with his arm around his shoulder. Being present. The next time I saw them they were outside planning how to help. You never know exactly what it going on in these situations but someone experienced the touch of grace today. I certainly did. On yet another note - Today is the 1 year anniversary of NEXT - our Sunday evening worship service. I'm looking forward to sharing with Curtis and the congregation tonight. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: