Sunday, October 7, 2012

Reflections From Sunday Evening

We've had a very good weekend here. Friday was Cindy's birthday. Her goal was to take a group of women from her Bible Study, church, friends, sisters and others to the Farmer's House Market and serve for 60 minutes. (for her 60th birthday) So a group took the shuttle and had a wonderful time of service and fellowship. Here is where I come in. It was suggested that perhaps I could sit at the front desk at church and answer the phones so staff members could participate. So I did. At least I tried. Sorry to those who may still be waiting to be transferred to voice mail or something like that! Actually I managed to get a few messages where they were supposed to go and it went pretty well. Here is the thing. I could not do what our staff does day after day. I hope everyone realizes how essential our staff is. They do a great job of welcoming people. They provide the right information. They are the ones who facilitate our pastoral work. They make sure our facility is clean and safe. Our people who serve do so with excellence. After friday I am even more appreciative of thsoe who serve. Thanks Mandy, Lori, Kerry and Sarah - and all the rest. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: