Sunday, September 12, 2010

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Today our children moved to new classrooms. Time to move up. It is always a time to renew things as we enter the fall. New teachers and many who have faithfully served previously all greeted our students. I have a great deal of confidence in all those who work with our children. Join me in praying the children learn the love of Christ and what the Bible teaches. It should prove to be an exciting time.

It was also great to see some new faces in our music groups today. Wesleyan Choir had new faces as did our Praise Team. Another great sign of the Lord's presence with us.

We still have a lot of work ahead of us. There are so many all around us whose relationship with the Lord will be greatly enhanced through our witness and encouragement. I hope you will look for an opportunity to be an encourager of the faith this week. Nudge someone to recognize God's presence and work in their life.

I'm looking forward to spending a few hours with several other clergy and Leonard Sweet. Len is a very inspiring thinker, writer and teacher. I'll be among a group of pastors who spend tomorrow with him in a retreat setting. He always stirs something in my soul.

Enjoyed being with everyone this morning. It is still intimidating to think I am preaching about parenting. But seemed to go okay today. Next week we look at discipline. Hope to see you.

Been taking it easy this afternoon. In a little while Cindy and I will go to Starlight and see "Rain." So I get 2 hours of Beatles music this evening.

It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

No comments: