Sunday, February 16, 2020

Reflections a From Sunday Evening

Today I stood in the back of the worship center while Britton baptized two young people. It is neat to be that close and able to hear their heartfelt “I do” to questions of faith.
Will you resist evil, injustice, and oppression?
As I watched these young ladies immersed in the waters of baptism...
I turned to Talya, who was standing beside me taking it in.
Talya is an extremely gifted vocalist. Walter Bryant worked with her at Worlds of Fun. He continues to be a great supporter.
Talya sings professionally. She performs on Broadway. She tours. When she gets back to KC she loves to sing in church. We love it when she shows up. Today was a day she blessed us with music.
Anyway...she and I were watching the baptism.
I told her I remembered her baptism. Talya professed her faith at our church and was baptized here.
She remembered.
One never gets far from where they said yes to Christ and experienced the grace of baptism.
Remember? Remember!
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: