Sunday, July 7, 2019

Reflections From Sunday Evening

It’s good to take a breath. Getting ready to teach a class in course of study next week. This week a little down time to re-charge. Also a chance to see how other churches are doing things. We know the popular narrative is that people simply do not attend church these days. Experience bears this out.
Today Cindy and I met our kids and went to Life Church in Overland Park.
On the way I observed several people out walking or biking. (I actually saw several in my own neighborhood when I went out early.). There was a ball field across the street from the church that was crowded with people. I saw a few folks mowing their lawn. Sunday morning.
But I also experienced a large church filled with people for multiple services.
This happens all over the world. If you would have awakened in Cuba this morning and headed for church, you better be early or there would not be a seat. That story would be replicated in many African nations. All over South and Central America people throng to hear the Word of God proclaimed. In a few years China will have more Christians than any nation on earth. And their government is not exactly supportive.
American church attendance may be at a low ebb but following Jesus is at an all time high.
So...
Be encouraged.
Be prayerful.
Be faithful.
Be in the middle of what God is doing.
It’s been a good day. I hope you’ve had a good day too.
Steve

No comments: