Sunday, December 25, 2016

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Everyone has gone home. Now to reflect on Christmas 2016.
Christmas Eve services in the new worship center were great. So many people helped make the services meaningful and honoring to the Lord. We were like other churches in the Northland with high attendance. Participation on Christmas Eve reinforces the idea that people are interested in the Christian faith and look for ways to addeess spiritual needs. How do we best build on this reality and reach people in ways thatt develop vital disciples of Jesus Christ?
This morning the dining hall was full of people fixing plates of food to deliver to people working today. This outreach has grown from 40 some meals to nearly 300 in the past 12 years. I see young people joining their families to serve in this way. They have been doing this most of their lives! Some day they will be sitting with a group in their church thinking about ways to serve Christ and others and they will share the Christmas meal delivery their church did. And the ministry goes on and on. 
I think about how deeply grateful I am for family that enjoys being together.
I think about the birth of Jesus - the Incarnation - and how God has acted to save us. I am amazed and deeply thankful. 
This evening I rest in the peace of Christ.
It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too.

No comments: