Sunday, February 17, 2013

Reflections From Sunday Evening

Cindy and I made a quick trip to the hometown this afternoon. Mom and Dad are preparing to move into an assisted living place in Appleton City. We wanted to go down and see their new place. They will be living among familiar people who are already looking forward to them joining their community. We are so thankful for a place where they can enjoy themselves and not have anything to worry about. I still expect the folks at the restaurant will see plenty of them even though meals are included in their new place. I have to say my hometown is an amazing place. Dad was in business there for over 40 years. Mom must have taught everyone in town at some time. They are fixtures in A.C. I can't begin to express how grateful we all are for the way people care for my folks. They stop in to visit. They offer to take them places. They look in on them and make sure things are ok. It is a real source of comfort knowing that so many help our family. In a very real way this is what the church is like. We care for each other. We help. We serve. We make sure. I recognize so many of the characteristics of my hometown in our church. You are a true blessing with whom to share life. Community in a Christian sense is a wonderful thing. When we left this afternoon we got together and said a little prayer. I am sure my mom and dad will bring even more light to a great place and that God will bless them greatly in this new step of life. Just like God will do with each of us as we continue to trust in Him. It's been a good day. I hope you've had a good day too. steve

No comments: